The European Commission recently published a short-term outlook indicating that its exports of pork, beef, olive oil and dairy products are expected to continue increasing in 2019. Overall agricultural production also is increasing.
- The dairy sector will have sustained demand for dairy products and favorable weather conditions, the European Commission found.
- Beef exports are expected to increase by 15 percent in 2019 despite a 1.2-percent reduction in production.
- Demand for pork, especially from China, is expected to lead to an increase of 12 percent in European exports in 2019. Pork production is forecast to remain stable.
- Poultry exports are forecast to increase by 2.5 percent compared to 2018.
- Cereal production is expected to recover and reach 311 million metric tons.
- Wheat production is forecast to increase by 11 percent to reach 142 million metric tons.
Visit ec.europa.eu/agriculture for more information.