The U.S. Department of Agriculture recently stated the National Sheep Industry Improvement Center's board of directors is accepting grant proposals from July 1 through Sept. 15.
Grants must be designed to improve the American sheep industry and must accomplish one or more required objectives.
- strengthen and improve long-term sustainability of the lamb and wool industry's infrastructure by increasing the numbers in production
- provide integration of performance and production data from sources that can help enhance the National Sheep Improvement Program
- provide leadership training and education to producers and packers within the sheep industry
- enhance sheep production by improving infrastructure of the American sheep industry through assistance to all segments of the industry to address sustainable production and marketing of sheep milk, meat, fiber and related services such as grazing for fire management and pasture improvements
- promote lamb marketing through an organized method that can measure tangible results
- enhance the sheep industry by coordinating information exchange, and seeking mutual understanding and marketing within the international industry community
The Sheep Center will review each proposal, recommend funding and submit final recommendations to the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service for approval. Contact 207-236-6567 or email@example.com for more information.