JOHNSON CREEK, Wis. — They’ve done it again. A new aspect for the youth area at Wisconsin Farm Technology Days has been created. This year Jefferson County will feature Theme Days.
This past year at the 2018 Wisconsin Farm Technology Days hosted by Wood County, the new Future Generations Area was introduced. The area was created to provide a hands-on educational experience for youth of all ages. It was intended to help them become excited about agriculture and the careers that the diverse industry offers.
The Jefferson County youth committee has continued the new tradition of the Future Generations Area, sponsored by Compeer Financial – but they’ve added their own twist.
Each day of this year’s Farm Technology Days will boast its own theme.
- July 23 is Ag Career Day.
- July 24 is “Thank a Farmer” Day.
- July 25 is Mascot Day.
Ag Career Day will take more than 1,000 Wisconsin youth on a tour of the event grounds to learn about the diverse careers the agricultural industry offers. There will be a career scavenger hunt and stations posted for kids to visit.
“Thank a Farmer” Day revolves around the Culver’s “Thank a Farmer” station. Attendees can write thank-you cards to farmers to show their appreciation for the work farmers do. July 24 will also feature a short celebration of agriculture’s royalty – Royalty Hour from 2 to 3 p.m.
Mascot Day is just as it sounds. Numerous local – and even some celebrity – mascots will be hanging around the event grounds to visit with youth attendees.
But theme days isn’t all that the 2019 Wisconsin Farm Technology Days has to offer youth. There’s also numerous indoor and outdoor exhibits available for interaction and perusal.
Kids can visit more than 10 stations outside.
Adventures with Ma & Pa
- – a presentation of humor and history using more than 350 antique tools
- – test skills in various farm activities
International Union of Operating Engineers Local 139
- – features heavy-equipment simulators
Life-Size Lincoln Log Cabins
Master Gardeners Tire Gardens
National Guard Climbing Wall
- – complete with easy, medium and difficult versions
National Wild Turkey Federation
- – youth can shoot BB guns at targets and tour wildlife educational trailers
River Valley Pedal Tractor Pulls
- – for ages 4 through 12
Future Generations Photo Booth
Kids can visit at least 11 stations inside.
- – kids receive a passport to complete and return for a prize
- – hands-on activities learning about DNA
Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers District Council of Wisconsin
- – explore the crafts of masonry, cement finishing and ceramic tiling
- – listen to a story while being led around on a tour
Bridges Library System
- – have a photo taken with Old MacDonald
Fort Healthcare Rail Yards
- – indoor obstacle course
Jefferson County 4-H
- – participate in interactive games and activities
Wisconsin Arborist Association
- – climb a tree like an arborist with a rope and saddle
Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports
- – try archery
Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Producers Association
- – stop by to see the Wisconsin Spudmobile
Wisconsin Trappers Association
- – see different types of fur, traps and live-skinning techniques
The 2019 Wisconsin Farm Technology Days will be held from July 23-25 at Walter Grain Farms, W5340 French Road, Johnson Creek, hosted by Jefferson County. Visit www.wifarmtechnologydays.com for more information.