BLOOMINGTON, Ill. — ILSoyAdvisor will bring yield and profitability advice to Illinois soybean producers at the 2019 Soybean Summit, Feb. 5 in Springfield.
A lineup of speakers will share the latest agronomic tools and technology and recommendations to boost yields and the bottom line, according to a news release from the Illinois Soybean Association.
Linda Kull, ISA director of ag innovations and technology transfer, says, “This event delivers actionable information and is your first stop on the journey to top yields and profitability.”
The agenda includes on-farm production information and technology updates, as well as a trade show. Two keynote sessions feature Bryce Knorr, senior market analyst for Farm Futures, who will share insights on marketing strategies in times of tariffs and low commodity prices, and Sean Arians, soybean producer and founder of GrainCoat LLC, who will offer his perspective on evaluating new technologies and fitting them into production practices.
Session topics include:
- finding which resource is holding your soybeans back
- using technology to improve nutrient management and water quality
- use of micronutrients, biostimulants and plant growth regulators to increase yields
- keys to producing 80- to 100-bushel soybeans consistently
- new era of aerial imagery
- management lessons from Illinois yield challenge results
- harnessing data to make more profitable management decisions
The Summit will be at the Crown Plaza Springfield from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The full agenda is available online. Seating is limited, so reserve a spot at www.ILSoyAdvisor.com/Summit.