A large number of judges will be on-hand to evaluate cheese March 6-8 at the World Championship Cheese Contest, to be held at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison, Wisconsin. The 2018 judging team is comprised of 53 experienced cheese graders, cheese buyers, dairy-science professors and researchers. They come from 20 countries and 15 U.S. states.
“Our contest judges are known for their expertise in technical cheese evaluation, one of the elements that sets the World Championship Cheese Contest apart from other competitions,” said Kirsten Strohmenger Henning, events manager for the contest host organization, the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association.
The judging panel will work under the direction of Chief Judge Robert Aschebrock, a dairy grader for the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Assisting Aschebrock will be the “Red Hats,” the contest’s team of assistant chief judges.
- Tim Czmowski of Agropur Inc.
- Stan Dietsche of Oshkosh Cheese Sales and Storage
- Jim Mueller of Mueller Consulting
- Sandy Toney of Masters Gallery Foods.
- Mariana Marques de Almeida of Ms. J and Co.
- Josef Hubatschek of Alpenland Maschinenbau GmbH – ALPMA
Visit www.wischeesemakersassn.org for more information.