Thanks to Phyllis Thompson of Laurel, Neb., for submitting this recipe!
- 1 ½ lb hamburger
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1- 10 oz bag tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 2- 16 oz cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3- 2 ¼ oz jars sliced ripe olives
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2- 4 oz cans chopped green chilies
- 1 ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Brown hamburger and taco seasoning. Drain and cool. Mix with remaining taco salad ingredients.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl. Add to taco salad just before serving.