What's This dibble

The Sept. 13 image didn’t stump any of our keen readers, as the device is in fact called a Dibble.

The little hand-held device was used to plant seeds for starter plants and vegetables.

Craig Smith, Steve Renz and Paul Orr all correctly named the device.

Orr said a family across the way still uses them in their home garden.

Something like the dibble has been used since Roman times and has largely remained unchanged since then.

If you have a device that you think would stump our readers, be sure to send it our way. Thanks for all the responses, as always!

Send your “What’s This” submissions to jager.robinson@lee.net or Jager Robinson, P.O. Box 239, Tekamah, NE 68061.