Ben Cowling clue

Our keen readers did it again – this device is an oil drum wrench.

Tracey Hefner out of Archer, Nebraska, Alvin Depe out of Colby, Kansas, and Gary Krings out of Greenwood, Nebraska all guessed correctly.

The device is used to open and close the cap but more specifically, Depe wrote that: “The large end has prongs that hook into the large bung to loosen or tighten it; the small end has a slot that grips across the small vent bung.”

If you have any old items laying around, submit them to see if our readers can identify them to satisfy your life long curiosity.