Thanks to Becky Gerdes of Oconto, Neb. for submitting this recipe!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 large can mandarin oranges, drained and ½ cup juice reserved
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. whipped topping
- Beat together cake mix, eggs, ½ cup juice from mandarin oranges, vanilla and margarine in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the oranges and mix until orange pieces are small.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix and pineapple juice. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Fold in whipped topping, gently stir in pineapple.
- Spread over cooled cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Send recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org, Midwest Messenger, Attn: Katy Moore, P.O. Box 239, Tekamah, NE 68061.